• 1952

    In the 50’s, quality control for concrete in Brazil was not a systematized activity. As a manner of contributing to the improvement of quality in constructions, Mauro Ribeiro Viegas, then Chair of Construction Materials at the National School of Architecture, opened the first private laboratory to do systemic testing on concrete structures and their constituent materials in Brazil. This was the beginning of the Concremat Companies.
  • 1957

    Petrobras began building its first refinery, REDUC, at the time called Refrio, which is still considered as the most complete one in the system. Concremat took part in this historic moment, carrying out technological testing on the concrete used throughout the works.
  • 1958

    The company changed its name to “Sociedade Civil de Controle de Concreto e Ensaios de Materiais” (Civil Company for Concrete and Materials Testing), which is the origin of the acronym Concremat, created a year later. The company set up a pioneering technology testing laboratory in Brasilia, to satisfy the demands for the building of the new Brazilian capital.
  • 1963

    With the currency crisis at the time, the domestic market heated up. It was during this period that Concremat carried out the technological testing of the materials used to build the headquarters of Petrobras, in Rio de Janeiro. In São Paulo, it performed a similar service for Petroquímica União.
  • 1968

    In the 1960s, Concremat began its strategy of expanding geographically and widening its range of services; it opened offices in different regions of the country and also started to act supervising works, studies and projects.
  • 1970

    Brazil was going through the “Economic Miracle” phase. Concremat took a great leap towards modernity by using external cables to reinforce bridges, such as the Bertioga Channel bridge in São Paulo state, and the use of sonic sounding of deep cuttings using ultrasonography.
  • 1972

    Supervision, oversight and technological testing when building ports for Petrobras. The company expanded its areas of operation and began offering studies, designing, recovery of structures and geotechnical services. The name is changed to Concremat Engenharia e Tecnologia S.A..
  • 1984

    The implementation of Concremat Quality System and the accreditation of its laboratories by Inmetro confirmed the pioneering spirit and consolidated the potential of Concremat in its quest for cutting-edge technologies and processes.
  • 2005

    Involved in the management of the biggest programs and enterprises in progress at the time, Concremat Engenharia signed up as a partner for sustainable development and was named "Engineering Company of the Year” by the magazine “O Empreiteiro”.
  • 2009

    Concremat Environment was created as a natural consequence of the evolution of this sector. The company now has a multidisciplinary center entirely dedicated to providing all of its segments of operation with services that have a high degree of social and environmental commitment.
  • 2010

    Under an Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM) contract, Concremat managed the works on the Schlumberger Brazil Research and GeoScience Center, a high technology research and development center for oil exploration at Ilha do Fundão, in Rio. The project was delivered in record time and turned out to be one of the most outstanding jobs made by Concremat in recent years.
  • 2012

    The Concremat Companies celebrate 60 years as one of the biggest engineering companies in Brazil. It is present all over the country, and has a staff of around 9,000 employees in its 11 subsidiaries and on contracts. Present in the main development projects, with an outstanding performance in diverse segments of the economy, Concremat has also expanded its operations in the environmental, social and international market, with both public and private initiative.
  • 2015

    Concremat Engenharia, along with its customer, the BMW Group, won the first prize in the German Project Excellence Award for excellence in project management during the building of BMW's Brazilian plant.